April 25, 2014

Do it Yourself // Magnetic Board and Foam Shapes...

I'm sure you've seen the oil drip pan to magnetic board craze all over Pinterest and after pinning the idea numerous times I finally decided that it would be the perfect little addition to Asher's place space. These oil pans make such a perfect magnetic board and they are super inexpensive. I picked ours up at Autozone and it was less than $10. You can order them off Amazon, if you don't have a car parts store in town, but they are about 4x the cost. So I recommend finding an Autozone or car parts store to save some money. 
Magnetic Board:
Oil Drip Pan (You can find them at any Autozone for under $10)
Drywall Screws
Stud Finder
Level
Drill
Before hanging your magnetic board you will want to clean it with some glass cleaner. The one I purchased had an oily film on it so I wiped it down before hanging. To hang ours I just used some basic drywall screws... nothing fancy, but serves the purpose. You can hang the board horizontally or vertically. Since Asher is short I wanted him to get maximum use out of the board, so I hung the board horizontally. 
Make sure the board is level and well secured to the wall to prevent any accidents with your little one! 

I made some easy foam magnets that you can make as well. I chose to do shapes and bright colors since Asher is currently learning his colors and shapes! 
Foam Shapes:
Sticky Foam Sheets (you can find them at any crafts store or walmart)
Magnetic Sheets
Scissors
Pen/Marker
Shape Cutouts (I printed mine from Microsoft Word, you will use the insert shape feature, super easy!)



-First you will want to trace your cutout shapes onto the foam sheets with a pen or marker.
-Next cut the shapes out.
-Peel the sticky piece off the foam sheet and sick it to your magnetic sheets.
-Cut the shape out agin since it is now attached to you magnetic sheet.
-Make sure the magnetic backing is secure and stick to your magnetic board!


I hope you guys enjoyed this simple DIY. You can use any magnetic on the board, just make sure the are safe for your little one. Even if you don't have a toddler around these boards make for great wall pieces.. Use them as chore charts, menu planner, weekly planner, ect! 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment