June 2, 2014

DIY Lemon Coconut Summer Scrub...

My skin tends to be super dry during the summer months. Not matter how much sunscreen and lotion I apply I still manage to always be dull and dry... I have a hard time finding store bought scrubs that actually exfoliate my skin without leaving it irritated, so I decided to whip up my own using a few of my favorite ingredients.. And it turned out pretty awesome so I wanted to share it with you! The sugar in this scrub gently exfoliates your skin while the lemon brightens and freshens dull skin. The coconut oil conditions the skin and and leaves a nice glow when you wash it off. This scrub is perfect for the summer months! Enjoy!
What you will need:
2Tbs. Coconut oil Melted (Trader Joe's Coconut oil is my favorite!)
Zest of 1 lemon
6-8 drops Lemon Essential Oil
1c. Organic Sugar (you can use regular sugar as well, I just like the texture of organic sugar better!)
Plastic container or Mason Jar (I like to use a small mason jar for my scrubs) 
Start by by pouring your melted coconut oil into your organic sugar. 
Stir well and make sure that all of the sugar is coated with the coconut oil. 
Next add the lemon essential oil and lemon zest. Mix well. 
Lastly pour your scrub into a plastic container or mason jar and enjoy! 

Happy Monday Friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment