May 7, 2014

Asher's New Room Tour...

I'm so thrilled to finally share with you Asher's bedroom in our new house here in California. This post has been a long time coming, but I wanted the room to be perfect before I shared it with you and I finally feel that it is. You may remember Asher's lumberjack inspired space in our previous home and if not you can view it HERE.
 Most of you know that my husband is active duty in the USMC so base housing is what we call home. With that being said I'm limited to the amount of things I can do with the space and although I would love to paint the room, I'd rather not have to deal with the hassle of painting it back once we move... And I do love the brightness white walls bring into a space... I still kept the lumberjack inspiration in Asher's new space, but added some modern touches and finds to make it feel a little more like a big boy room instead of a nursery. 
Here is the full tour of Asher's new bedroom and a list of everything that's in it! 
One of my favorite things in Asher's room is this vintage US map Asher's Grandpa passed down to him. It had been in our garage for quite some time and when we moved into this new house I had to have it displayed somewhere... And of course Asher's room was the perfect spot for it. 
I adore a good gallery wall and perfecting this one was probably the hardest part of the room. I had so many great little treasures to display and had a hard time putting this wall together. After countless rearranging I finally decided on a layout that I feel fits the space.
The cardboard bull is another favorite of mine in the room. I found it on eBay when I was pregnant with Asher and just knew it would be a perfect for a little boys room. 
I made those plus sign wall decals out of washi tape! Can you believe that?! You can see the DIY post HERE
I displayed Asher's first pair of Freshly Picked Moccs on his dresser. They are so precious and remind me everyday of how small he used to be. 
We bought this teepee for Asher for his first birthday and I had originally had it downstairs and decided to move it into his room. It's bright, colorful, and makes the space pop! We also added a modern rocking chair to the space that Asher can sit it. This chair is excellent quality for the price! 
And a big boy room wouldn't be complete without a growth chart! Asher loves his growth chart and we've been documenting his height every month since we received it. 

Here's a list of everything that's in the space!

Furniture:
Crib - Babymod (Walmart)
Dresser - Ikea Malm Collection 
Eames Rocking Chair - Amazon

Gallery Wall:
Foot Prints - Asher's newborn prints from the hospital.
Cartoon Print - We had this print down when we went to the San Diego Zoo.
Triangle Print - Skoope Home
Mom Dad Print - Skoope Home
Compass Banner - DIY
Boy Scouts Uniform - Belonged to my husband when he was little. 
Fabric Hoop - DIY

Other Wall Decor:
Map - Gift
"Adventure Awaits You" Print - MOD by Mel
Hanging Lamp - Target
Cardboard Bull - eBay
"Good Night Sleep Tight Print" - Mulberry Press Co
Growth Chart - Petite Lemon
Wall Decals - DIY 

Dresser Decor:
Lamp - Target
Lamp Shade - Target
Clear Dresser Tray - Target
Globe - Belonged to my Mom
Owl Piggy Bank - Urban Outfitters
Antlers - My husband found these when he was little
Blue Moccs - Freshly Picked 
Knit Cactus - Knitting Nannies 
Wooden Mushroom - TJ Maxx

Bedding:
Crib Sheet - DIY
Plus Blanket - Wren and Rumor
Deer Pillow Cover - H&M
"A" Pillow - Knitting Nannies
Socks the Fox - Blabla Doll
Crib Rail Teething Guard - DIY

Everything Else:
Fur Rug - Ikea
Laundry Basket - Land of Nod
"Be You Bravely" Pillow Cover - Be Still Clothing Company
Plaid Blanket - Gift
Diaper Pail - Ubbi World 

Asher's room is by far my favorite space in our house. It's bright, happy, and so fun. I'm quite proud of this little space and love that almost everything in it tells a story. Also a huge huge thank you to Kathleen Amelia for capturing detailed pictures and pictures of Asher and I in the space. I will forever cherish these! You can see more HERE.

So what do you think? Do you love the space as much as I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment