August 12, 2014

BANANA AVOCADO HAIR MASK

I love summer, but with that being said it tends to do a number on my locks... chlorine, the sun, the heat... it all dries my (already dry) curly hair out and leaves me a frizzy mess. I've tried a few hair masks from Ulta but I find the to be somewhat heavy and not to mention they can be quite expensive. Today I'm sharing a fun inexpensive hair mask that will leave your hair shinny, soft, and I even think it helps with thickness and hair loss. My hair hasn't been the same since I had Asher and I must say this mask has helped tremendously with hair loss.



You will need:
Note: I have fairly thick long hair so this mask covers all of my head, if you have thinner hair you may want to half the recipe or simply refrigerator the leftovers for another use.

1 banana
1 avocado
1 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. coconut oil (softened)
Mash banana and avocado in a small mixing bow. Be sure to mash well so the mixture isn't clumpy. 
Add softened coconut oil to mashed banana and avocado...
Add honey to mixture and stir well
After string well cover your mask and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.. This will chill the mask and when you apply it, it will feel amazing on your scalp! 
After chilled, apply mask all over you hair, including your scalp, and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse hair extremely well (if you don't you will have banana left over in your locks) and shampoo/condition as usual.

Your hair will feel super conditioned and shine for days!

I hope you all enjoy this mask!

XO!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment