October 6, 2014

POTTY TRAINING WITH PULL-UPS!

Asher started showing interest in the "potty" a few months back so we decided to make the plunge and start the potty training process. He was to the point where he was having more dry diapers than wet during the night/naps and he was letting us know when he had to go "poo". We decided it was better to start sooner than later and have been training since. I must say it's been quite a learning experience for all of us! 

After making the plunge I decided to make the switch to Pull-Ups and enroll Asher in the Pull-Ups Big Kid Academy. It has been such a helpful and handy tool for the whole potty training process and I've been using it since! The Pull-Ups are easy to use and the fact that they have Jake and The Neverland Pirates on them totally gets Asher's approval. They give him the feeling of being "wet" without making a mess for me. Total win!

I'm still learning all of this and each day is new experience, but here are a few things I wish I would have known before starting the whole process.

1.) Each kid is different - A had a few friends who's little ones potty trained so quickly and I felt a little intimidated by their quick and easy experience. Every child is different, including my own, and each one will have their own little potty training experience. 

2.) Don't Rush - When your little one is ready they will let you know. I waited until I started to notice a few signs from Asher. If you are unsure of whether your little one is ready or not the Pull-Ups Big Kid Academy has a really great little quiz that helps you out in deciding to start or not.

3.) A Potty Seat and Chair - We purchased a basic potty seat and I'm now finding that a chair would have been better for Asher's age. He's a little wobbly when trying to get on the potty seat and a chair would have been best to start on. 

4.) Potty Books - Asher loves to read and potty books have really helped the process out. He recognizes things in the book which helps him with his potty routines.. Flushing, washing hands, etc. 

5.) Consistency - Consistency is key in potty training.. We were a little here and there when we first started and I had to come up with a plan that worked for all of us.

I highly encourage those of you who are in the potty training stage to enroll in the Pull-Ups Big Kid Academy! You can do it by simply clicking the "Enroll Now" button below! 

Every Kid is Unique. That’s why when you enroll at the Big Kid Academy, you’ll get a personalized “My Pull-Ups®” page with potty training activities and advice customized to your point in the potty training journey.

The Big Kid Academy has a world-class library of potty training tips and advice from parenting experts, medical professionals and our brightest alumni: parents who have been there. Subjects include:

• How to talk to day care providers about potty training
• Solutions for nighttime
• Potty training on the go
• The best clothing for potty training





A huge thank you to Pull-Ups for sponsoring this post and helping me enroll in the Big Kid Academy... As always opinions are those of my own. 













No comments:

Post a Comment