November 11, 2014

DIY CACTUS ORNAMENTS

I don't know about you guys but I am beyond ready for the holiday season. I'm usually one to wait until Thanksgiving to start getting excited, but I just can't help myself this year. I have so many fun DIY projects up my sleeve that I can hardly contain myself! 

Since we will be leaving the desert soon, I wanted to make something that would be a fun little reminded of our time spent here. You may remember my DIY CACTUS PILLOW I posted awhile back and I was inspired by that pillow to make some fun little cactus ornaments for our tree this year. These felt ornaments are SUPER easy to make and will give you tree a fun little pop! 
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: 

Felt (you can use whatever colors you would like)
Embroidery needle
Embroidery thread 
pen
scissors

HOW TO:

1. First you will want to start off by drawing your cactuses onto your felt. I just free handed mine, but feel free to use a stencil. You can choose any cactus you would like, I stuck with the smaller, easier to draw ones...

2. Next you will want to cut out your cactuses and begin to stitch them with the embroidery thread. I used a basic stitch and simple stitched around the cactus to give them more detail. . For the flower pieces (located at the top of the cactus) I just stitched a stitch or two through them to keep them in place. 

3. Lastly stitch a longer pieces of thread at the top. This will be where you hang the ornament. Trim any excess threads and you are ready to hang on your tree or give as a gift!

These ornaments are so fun and will make any tree smile! Stay tuned for more DIY holiday projects and in the meantime check out my HOLIDAY PINTEREST BOARD. I've been pinning like crazy! 

What are you planning for your tree this year? Do you like to do a theme or throw whatever on it?!

XO!




No comments:

Post a Comment