January 1, 2015

NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS

I hate to see such a great year end, but I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store for myself and my little family. 2014 was such a fabulous year filled with traveling, moving, and a whole new chapter of life for us... I looked back at my 2014 goals and I must say I achieved nearly all of them except for a few. I look back at this past year and it has been such a learning lesson for myself and what I want to do/be in life... We wrapped up 2014 with a new home, a new place, and a new chapter so I know 2015 is going to be great! Here are few self goals and goals for my little blog this year.

Myself -

Further my education - I've been interested in completing a nutrition program for a few months now and this year I'm going to make it happen. I feel like I've spent so much time in school that I ask myself "is this right for me?" "Would I be good at it?".. It's time to stop worrying about those things and just go for it...

Be more selective - With my choices, with friends, with everything. Less is really more in so many ways... That's my motto for 2015.

Read more books.

Get established with a church in the area.

Kick the caffeine - I said this last year but as of tomorrow I will not be drinking any more soda. The side effects are terrible and until I drink just one and be satisfied, I won't be drinking them any more.

Exercise - I'm 115 pounds of no muscle tone. I always feel and sleep better when I exercise. I don't plan on getting a gym membership or anything of that sort, but I do plan on lifting a few kettle bells around the house and walking/running when the weather is nice.

Buy a home - We have already started browsing homes here in ND and I pray this is they year we are in a home we OWN. Jacob and I have agreed to not rush into anything and wait for the right home to come along... easier said than done when your third floor apartment living with a busy 2 year old and a dog.. but we can do it!

Step out of my comfort box - This year I will try new things, decorate my house in a color other than those of the neutral palette, wear things I usually wouldn't but would love to try...

and lastly...

Have another baby (maybe) - This has been a topic between Jacob and I here lately.. Not sure if we are ready with all the new changes that have recently taken place in our lives, but you never know.. I don't want Asher to be an only child. Maybe this will be the year we expand our little family. Maybe.


Blog -

Blog more - 3 days a week is my goal for 2015.

Share more DIY projects and Recipes - I love making things/cooking and this year I have GOT to share more of those.. Those are by far my most popular content and I need to stop wondering if they will go over well and just do it. If I like them that's all that counts right?!

Switch to Wordpress - I have went back and forth with this decision and I will be switching to Wordpress early this year. Blogger has been so good to me, but it's time for new platform.

Share more personal posts - I always don't know what to write or feel like I will just sound silly and this year I need to put those worries aside and share more from my heart... Lots more.

Update my social media more often.

And...

Connect with other bloggers!


Hopefully I will accomplish all of these goals in 2015. Thank you all for your support, comments, kind words, and time. You make this little blog of my a dream and I can't thank you enough. I wish you all an incredibly Happy New Year filled with lots of love and peace! May all of your 2015 goals and dreams come true!

XO!




No comments:

Post a Comment