August 26, 2014

DIY DISTRESSED JEANS

I'm sure you all have seen the distressed grunge skinny jean trend that is going to be huge this Fall and let me say I'm am super obsessed with it. I've found a few pairs online that I totally wanted, but just couldn't justify paying the price for a pair of jeans with holes in them. I decided to take matters into my own hands and today I'm sharing a super fun and simple way to get distressed jeans for a FRACTION of the cost! 
You will need a pair of jeans, chalk (for marking your holes), and scissors. 
You will want to start by slipping your jeans on and marking where you want your holes. I wanted mine sightly above the knee so that is where I drew my chalk lines. If you are having a hard time drawing your lines using a mirror makes the processes a little easier!
Next you will want to cut your holes. I cut mine about 2 - 2 1/2in across on both knees. Be careful not to cut through the back of your jeans!
Now you will want to take the tips of your scissors or a needle and carefully pull a few loose threads where your holes are. This will give them a more distressed look. Dust off your chalk lines or simply throw your jeans in the wash to remove them. 
Now you have a pair distressed jeans that will be a staple piece in your Fall wardrobe! 

Remember if you create on of my DIY projects I would love to see them! Feel free to use the hashtag #everythingemily when sharing on social media! 

Happy Hump Day loves!

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment