October 20, 2014

ASHER IS 2 / DIY FIRETRUCK PARTY

My big boy turned the big T-W-O on Thursday and we had a little celebration for him over the weekend. His latest obsession is firetrucks, along with stop signs, so I wanted to create a fun firetruck birthday party for him. Since we are in the mist of packing and set to move in about a week, I wanted something that was easy, simple, budget friendly and of course fun! 



For the party decor I stayed very basic and stuck to traditional firetruck colors... Red, gold, black, and white. I wanted the main focal piece to be the large gold number "2" balloon, which I found at Northstar Balloons. It was 34 inches of total awesomeness and I'm so in love with it! I picked up some fun party plates from target (the Oh Joy collection which is Ahmazing!) and the rest from the dollar tree. For the table cloth, I bought 2 yards of .99 cent fabric from Walmart and stamped it to look like Dalmatian spots. It was super easy to do and saved me a little moolah. For party favors I passed out fireman hats to the kiddos, which went over really well. As for the cake, I just decided to make one this year instead of ordering one and I'm so glad I did. I didn't intend for it to be as tall as it was (oops) but it was 4 layers of total deliciousness! I topped it with a cute firetruck cake topper I found on Etsy. I loved that the cake was simple... Just like I wanted it. 

We decided to do a burger bar and a few fun appetizers for everyone to snack on. I was only able to snap a few quick pictures because we were all starving and the food went fast! I wanted to keep the dinner pretty easy and I thought a burger bar would be a fun option. It went over really well too! 

Since the party was small we only had a few party activities aside from eating cake. Of course one of them was a piñata. I searched high and low for a firetruck piñata, but just couldn't justify spending a ton of money on one since it was going to be smashed into pieces. I improvised and took matters into my own hands and ended up making one myself! I was inspired by this piñata found here and used a few different materials and it turned out great! It was honestly pretty easy to make as well! 

We finished the party off with the delicious cake I made and let Asher dive into his gifts.... More than a day later and Im still full from party! Asher had such a great time and Im so thankful for all of our amazing friends who made Asher's big day even more special!  

You can see Asher's 1st birthday party here and I provided a party supply list with links below! 

gold balloon - Northstar balloons
paper places - Oh Joy for Target
party hats - eBay
Table cloth - DIY
cake topper - Etsy
piñata - DIY 


I hope you all enjoyed Asher's birthday party post! Big things are happening over here so be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date!

Be sure to check this posting out on Liz Marie Blog's Inspire Me Please Linky Party!

XO!







No comments:

Post a Comment