December 16, 2014

DIY BALLOON TREE TOPPER USING NORTHSTAR BALLOONS!

Every year I swear our tree gets more and more awesome! This year has probably been the best yet. Our tree is full of fun ornaments, bright lights, and some vintage treasures. Growing up, my mom would always put a tree up that was probably 12ft tall. I remember we would always have to wait for my dad to string the lights on it because it was so enormous! It was full of handmade ornaments my sister and I made throughout the years, fun garland, and candy canes.. Oh the nostalgia...

This year I wanted to do something fun for our tree topper. We usually stick to the classic star but I wanted to change it up! I had a wild idea up my sleeve to use a balloon for a tree topper this year. I figured it would be fun and different. I reached out to my favorite balloon shop ever, Northstar Balloons, and like usual they had exactly what I was looking for.... (You may remember the number "2" balloon I used for Asher 2nd birthday party and if not you can see it here)... I went with a letter "L" since it is the first initial of our last name and I love how it turned out. It defiantly finished off the tree and really made it sparkle! And best of all it was SO easy to make! Here's the how to!


You will need:

A Northstar Balloon of your choice! I went with their smaller letter balloon.
Fishing Wire



-Air your balloon up. These balloons come with a straw for you to air up.. so easy! 
- Clip the loose ends. Cut any loose tags off of the balloon but be sure not to cut the balloon!
- Tie to tree using fishing wire! 

Pretty easy huh? 

I hope you all enjoyed this easy DIY post and be sure to check out Northstar Balloons on Facebook and Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment