October 14, 2013

One Year of Breastfeeding...

Wednesday I can officially say that I have breastfed Asher for one year.... And I'm proud to say that. Today I was thinking back to the breastfeeding thoughts that went through my noodle before I had him, our first months of breast feeding, and our future of breastfeeding.. I can remember being so worried about being able to nurse Asher and now I look at how far we have come and how good we are at it...
I mean we did have our ups and downs... having to use a nursing shield for the first few months and I wasn't the greatest when it came to pumping, but overall it's been so wonderful! Nursing is seriously one of the best things you can do as a mama and it's super affordable. I managed to save $1100.00 this past year by breastfeeding! I should reward myself ;)... 
Now that I have made it to a year I'm wondering when to start weaning Asher... When did you wean your little? Did you let them self wean? Thursday we go to the doctor so I will be asking her about nursing past the first year!

Here my nursing must haves from this past year... 


1. Zoe Organics Nipple Balm - Chapped nips are the worst things ever! This balm is hands down my favorite! 
2. Boppy - Great for nursing during the younger months
3. Nursing Bras - A MUST, Target and H&M have great affordable nursing bras! 
6. Nursing Contact Shield - Not a must have for all mamas but these helped me be able to nurse during first few months! 


What are some of your nursing must haves? Also the Instagram Hop is live! Link up and meet some new friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment